> School Setup > Academic Session
The academic session is a period of time each year when the school is open and people are studying. For every school, it is mandatory to configure the academic session for the classes.
- Click on the top right side of the page. The new window will appear to add academic session.
- Enter Session Name.
- Select Date Range From to To.
- Select the checkbox if you want to copy the classes to this new academic session as they are in the preceding academic session.
- Click CREATE. The popup window will appear for ALERT. Click OK, CONTINUE and the academic session will be created and shown on the page.
- Click the created academic session. The next window will appear.
- Click Activate Session to activate the created session.
- Click to edit the created session.
Copying the classes from the preceding academic session
Once the classes are copied, then any change to the classes or creation of academic terms and period structures have to be done separately from the Class-Section settings, Academic Term settings and period structure settings respectively.
Activating the session
By activating this academic session, the current running academic session will be deactivated. This means, all the transactions in all the modules, namely fee, examination, payroll, student, staff, transport, etc. of the current active academic session will be DISABLED. And for this academic session, all the transactions in fee, examination, payroll, student, staff, transport, etc. modules will BEGIN.